Virginia Auto Service provides complete brake repair and service in downtown Phoenix.
Why choose Virginia Auto Service?
- Dealership Quality Work, Independent Shop Prices
- Family-owned auto repair shop in Phoenix for over 20 years!
- 2 year 24,0000 nationwide warranty on repairs
- Quality parts from NAPA, AC Delco, Bosch, and more!
- Loaner cars, rental cars available
- Located in downtown Phoenix near all major employers! Leave your car here for service and we’ll take you to work and pick you up when you’re ready!!
- FREE SECOND OPINIONS!
Google “Virginia Auto Service Reviews” and discover why hundreds of people trust Virginia Auto Service for honest auto repair in downtown Phoenix. Then call us!! 602-266-0200.
Brakes are important to the safety of your vehicle and regular brake inspections should be performed. Virginia Auto Service knows how important it is to have properly functioning and reliable automotive brakes, so our ASE certified technicians manifest their expertise in brake change and brake repair. Virginia Auto Service mechanics are among the best, and most qualified to conduct your brake repair in Phoenix AZ, but also across the nation. Indeed, we are experts in all kinds of automotive break repair.
Common brake problems and their causes:
- When the brake pedal seems to sink, more brake fluid might be needed. However, it could also mean that the brakes need adjustment or the master cylinder is failing.
- If the brakes are making abnormal noises when in use, it’s definitely time to stop by Virginia Auto Service. Squealing brakes can indicate that the pad used to stop the wheels is wearing thin or cheap parts were previously installed into the vehicle.
- If the vehicle feels a little slow to stop, the solution could be as simple as having the brakes recalibrated or maybe the brake lining is due for a replacement.
- If the brakes require excessive pressure to activate, replacing the power booster will solve the issue.
- A grinding sound or feeling in the pedal is by far the most dangerous. This means that the disc or drum has been worn down entirely and this could quickly ruin the brakes. Stop driving and have the car towed to Virginia Auto Service for brake repair right away.
Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix can easily deal with squealing, mushy, or unreliable brakes. There are two types of brakes—Disc Brakes and Drum Brakes. Although the systems vary slightly, the science behind them and the end results are the same.
Brakes apply pressure to the inside of the wheels and create friction to stop the vehicle. Most brake systems use hydraulics to make it easier for drivers to press down the pedal and thereby control the rate at which the vehicle decelerates. All brake systems will require brake fluid to lubricate the system and minimize the wear and tear on the mechanical components.
The pads that make contact with the wheel degrades over time, so it’s best to pay close attention to the feel of the brakes. A shudder-like feeling from the brakes through the pedal most likely means that the pads have warped and the wear has become uneven. A few components would need to be machined for installation back into the vehicle.