If your check engine light is on, bring your vehicle to Virginia Auto Service for a Free Check Engine Light Scan.
Call 602-266-0200 to schedule an appointment or make an appointment online.
[coupon couponid=”767″ coupon_align=”cctor_aligncenter” name=”Free Check Engine Light Scan Phoenix Arizona”]
Here are a few examples of what the check engine light control unit typically controls:
- Fuel Mixture – Fuel-injected vehicles have a carefully measured level of fuel and oxygen required for combustion. Without the proper fuel mixture, your car’s average fuel economy may be suffering, and your car may be running too hot or too cold.
- Ignition Timing – This basically ensures that your spark plugs are firing at the correct time. Engine misfire is caused by the misfiring of spark plugs, which can lead to a knocking or pinging sound in your engine.
- Idle Speed – This is a measurement of your engine’s Revolutions Per Minute (RPM) while at rest. If your car is equipped with a Full Authority Throttle Control, cruise control and top speed limitations are also controlled by the same system.
- Variable Valve Timing – Some vehicles are equipped with certain valves that need to open and close at a specific time in the engine cycle. This will ensure the optimum economy and power of your engine.
- Water Temperature Correction – When your engine is still cold, this will add just a bit more fuel into the engine and warm it up a little faster so your car can get to normal operating temperature.
- Fuel Pressure Modifier – This increases the fuel injection fire time if your fuel pressure is abnormally low.
For any issues or problems regarding car misfire, engine misfire, and car tune up, let the professionals at Virginia Auto Service take care of it. A trusty auto mechanic shop can help guarantee safety for you and your passengers.