Virginia Auto Service provides complete Subaru Service in Phoenix, Arizona. We provide free rides to work, and have loaner cars and rental cars available. Call or click to schedule online.
Virginia Auto Service was named Readers’ Choice for Best Auto Repair Phoenix, by readers of the Arizona Republic.
We are a top shop for Subaru repair and service in Phoenix, Arizona. Whether you need an oil change or a factory recommended service for your Subaru, we have the tools, skills, and ability to take care of it.
Our ASE-certified, factory-trained technicians have many years of experience as auto technicians and can service all makes and models of cars. Schedule Your Next Appointment Online Here
If your Subaru is experiencing any of the common Subaru problems noted below give us a call. We offer complimentary second opinions and complimentary cooling system inspections for any model of Subaru.
Whether you have a Subaru Legacy , Outback, Impreza, Forester or even WRX, the certified technicians at Virginia Auto Service in Central Phoenix have the training and experience to take care of all your Subaru service needs.
Common Subaru Problems
- Excessive oil consumption: One of the most common complaints that we see in Subaru’s is that they go through oil like there’s no tomorrow! Drivers report putting a quart of oil in every thousand miles between oil changes. While Subaru says this is “normal,” if this is a new problem for your Subaru then give us a call.
- Check engine light with flashing cruise control light. This has been reported by drivers of the Subaru Forester. The cause is attributed to cooling system problems.
- Head gasket failure: It’s very common for head gaskets to fail in Subaru Legacy’s and 13 other models. In fact, Subaru knows about this issue and has extended the manufacturer warranty for some vehicles because of this.
- Oil leaks: Oil leaks are common in Subarus and often the cause is misdiagnosed. One of the reasons for oil leaking is a damaged oil pump seal. But there are many other causes of oil leaks. Give us a call and we’ll have one of our Subaru experts take a look at your vehicle and let you know what’s going on.
- Dead battery due to a failure of the antilock brake system (ABS). This causes the ABS pump to continuously run, which will eventually wear down the battery.
- Catalytic converter deficiency
- Vibration or shudder upon acceleration. This is very common in Subaru Forester and Outbacks.
- Timing belt replacement: We often see Subaru’s for timing belt replacement.
Was your Subaru recently recalled? In March Subaru recalled 2.3 million cars in the US including SUV models Forester and Crosstrek for a brake light problem. Many of those Subarus are being driven in the Phoenix area.
Recalls will be taken care of at no charge at your Subaru dealer, however is is not uncommon for the dealer to make a list of repairs you may (or may not) need that are unrelated to the recall. If you get a list of repairs needed on your Subaru , contact your Subaru dealer alternative in Phoenix, Virginia Auto Service, for all your repair and service needs.
If you do not want to hassle with the dealer for a recall, you can take advantage of Virginia Auto Service’s “Recall Valet Service” just give us a call and we will contact the dealer on your behalf and manage the recall service and repair for you.