The type of oil you use in your Audi can have a dramatic impact on your vehicle’s performance and reliability.
According to Audi: “All Audi engines must always use engine oils that conform to the applicable Audi Oil Quality Standard. No other engine oils may be used. This also applies when topping off engine oil between services.” Read more: Audi Approved Engine Oil
Audi recommends that you always carry a spare quart of Audi approved engine oil just in case your vehicle needs to have the oil topped off while you are traveling. Please store extra oil securely in its original container in the trunk of your car where it cannot be disturbed, or accidentally opened.
At Virginia Auto Service, we used premium Liqui Moly motor oil made in Germany especially for German made vehicles like Audi.
The following brands of oil are just some of the oils approved by Audi. For the complete list, please read the Audi Technical Service Bulletin for 17 Engine Oils Approved by Audi.
- Castrol Edge Professional
- Castrol SLX Professional Longtec SAE 0W-40
- Castrol Castrol SLX Professional OE SAE 5W-30
- Castrol Castrol Syntec European Formula SAE 0W-30
- Castrol Castrol TXT 505 01 SAE 5W-40
- Castrol Castrol Syntec
- Mobil 1 SAE 0W-40
- Mobil Mobil Syst S Special V SAE 5W-30
- Quaker State
- Q European Engine Ultra Diesel SAE 5W-30
- VW 502 00 Quaker State Q Horsepower Full Synthetic SAE 5W-40
- VW 502 00 Quaker State Q European Formula Ultra SAE 5W-30
- VW 502 00 Quaker State Q State Synquest Low SAPS